These are the show notes to episode 004 of The B2B Copywriting Podcast.
What is a welcome sequence in email marketing?
The welcome sequence is a set of pre-written automated emails that are sent to new newsletter subscribers.
There’s no law that says you need to have a welcome sequence, but the way I see it, you’re missing out if you don’t have one.
What are some examples of emails in a welcome sequence?
There are hundreds of different types of emails you can send in a welcome sequence. Here are a few examples I go through in this episode:
- Plain-text email from the CEO (giving readers a chance to relate and connect with the brand)
- Email asking them to reply (for deliverability reasons but also an opportunity to connect with your audience)
- “Whitelist our emails / drag our emails to the primary tab” (there’s a specific trick I reveal in the podcast at around 10 minutes in)
- Survey emails (to get better data directly from your audience. Use this info in all your marketing efforts).
- Reviews, case studies, testimonials (I’ll talk about how to make these types of emails work in episode 005 of the podcast).
“Enter the discussion that’s already happening in the minds of your prospects”.
Thoughts on the episode?
Leave them below. 👇